Saturday, July 4, 2009

Did I Ever Tell You

If you google my full name, the third hit you get says "Perfect." I'm serious, try it.

What can I say?

Pretty soon it will also say "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"... because the reading strategies I developed for that novel are the other internet published work I have. BYU is pretty cool that way- the English Ed department is amazing.

I already told you about the radio ad. And, last night I got to see the bio I wrote about my sister in the souvenir rodeo programs. It was on very nice, extra glossy paper; it looked and sounded beautiful. The little girls who had my sister autograph that page will cherish it forever/ for a week.

There's the co-authored, library-bound parody, "Eternity Means Forever." Which... made people laugh, and that was the point. (yay for Saturday morning shifts with Lauren!)

And there are a few other things I've written that I have decided not to tell the world about just yet. Most are uncredited, but some are not. Some have met their deadlines, and some are still in process.

I bring this up because, today is my blog's birthday; I think it's cheesy to bring it up at all, but I was thinking about it today, and I got rather pleased with myself. In that first blog post, I wrote about writing. And, I'm still nowhere near the Annie Dillard or Anna Quindlen level... but I'm writing. And that writing is going places. (Wrangler pockets, for instance...)

When I stop to think about all the little things I've written since I wrote that first post, I'm actually just thrilled to pieces about what I've done. None of it is big or ostentatious, but it's real, and it's mine. And, hey, google thinks I'm perfect.

3 comments:

The Wrights said...

Happy blog-a-versary

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

It does say perfect. That's awesome. You should google my name some time... actually, you probably shouldn't. There's a famous British actress/soap star/bikini model by that name. Yeah.

Lauren K said...

Happy Blog-birthday ma'am! I love the perfect thing, and really you should try inserting it into more conversations, such as ...

Tall Dark Handsome Man in the supermarket: Hey, um so I'm not a creeper I promise, but I saw you had that hummus in a box stuff in your cart and I pretty much love that stuff and can never find it, could you point me in the right direction? My name is Gilbert by the way, and I'm sorry to be a total cart spy.
Aubrey: It's down the health food aisle. You're fine, sometimes I like to spy on other people's carts too, you can tell a lot about a person that way.
TDHM Gilbert: ~with an incredulous laugh and killer smile~ you do that too? I thought I was the only one.
Aubrey: Well really that make us best friends now.
TDHM Gilbert: Clearly. Does my new best friend have a name?
Aubrey: Aubrey, and actually if you google my full name the result comes up as perfect.
TDHM Gilbert: ~with another killer smile~ that sounds incredibly accurate.

Cue a long meandering through the supermarket, a fantastic dinner date, and a next day plan to have a picnic (hummus included), and him finding you on Facebook and writing on your wall that he did google you and it was like you said, and so on and so forth practically perfect in every way.

the end.

Goodness I think I just created the plot for a new Weylandian novel ... oi