Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Let's Face It

Today, I might have seen my ex-boyfriend. The one who lived like everyday was opposite day. As in, everything he said, he was sure to do the opposite of. Including when he said, "Let's definitely still be friends" (with an attempt at a sincere and somewhat endearing smile)... which means, of course, that we haven't spoken in over six months. Which, I would like to add, is 100% fine with me. I didn't actually want to be friends still; I'm just too nice to tell someone what a waste of time jerk they are (to their face anyway). Oh yeah, I was telling a story...

So, I might have seen Mr. Everyday-is-Opposite-Day on campus today. Maybe not though. He was wearing the ridiculously attractive shirt that Mr. Everyday-is-Opposite-Day owns, but he looked up before I could be positive it was him. In case it was Mr. Everyday-is-Opposite-Day, I didn't want him to think I would waste my time even glancing his direction, so I shot him a dirty look, looked away, held my head up high, and went on my way. There is a good chance that this was not the guy I thought it was, but it felt sort of nice anyway.

Let's face it... when we were on our (officially 2nd, unofficially 3rd) date and we heard this fantastic cover of "Tainted Love" I should have taken it as a sign from the universe. Want to know what would make this story even better if the stars have all aligned and everything I have told you is true? When the run-in occured, as I walked through the courtyard, there was some sort of BYUSA activity, and they were playing... "Tainted Love"... no joke. Irony is beautiful.

2 comments:

Lauren K said...

Aub you've provided me with a mystery ... who sings the new "Tainted Love?" if it's not the pussycat dolls or soft cell ... even google is failing me, which leaves me a little stunned. ;) I hope it was him, I'm glad you could finally get 'the glare' out of your system.

Amy said...

Wow. Dont'cha just love karmic moments like that?