Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here's What I Want to Know

Why are there always really, really cute guys working at jewelry stores? I'm talking mostly the wedding ring stores at the mall. They are completely inaccessible. I mean, if you aren't getting married you have no reason to go into the store, and if you are going into the store to buy a ring, you better not be checking out the salesman. It's very problematic.


Also, on an entirely unrelated note, why, I would like to know, does weird stuff (like random drunk men joining me on stage and yelling incoherently during my song at karaoke when I'm actually trying really hard to look the tiniest bit cool) always happen to me? Even if I can somehow manage to keep myself from doing something embarrassing, something/one will come along to trip me up.

I can only hope that the aura of awkwardness I seem to radiate is sort of endearing to people. Or something.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Aubrey I found you! and in a non-stalkerish kind of way (although we all remember the beloved stalker days of yore)I have been thinking about you a lot. How's your student teaching going? how were your Parent teacher conferences? I sweat like a pig through them all! anyway, I love ya girl hope everything is going well for you! Come find us at morgfam2.blogspot.com

Amy said...

The opposite of the Hot Jewelry Store Guys are the Tie Store Girls. You know that one in the University Mall, Tie It On? I met a girl who used to work there, and apparently the employees were almost all girls, and the only young single guys who came in there were either getting married or going on a mission. Ouch!

Aubrey said...

ha! I'd never thought of that. That is really terrible too! I saw this place called "The Men's Den" and it's a tux place at the mall, but mostly there were just tons of cute guys hanging around in there. Maybe that would be potential- you know, single best men and such :)

(Andrea- did you get my email? I hope I got the right address)