Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You Guys! I Love Reading Again!

I am very much a night person. I love to stay out late going to parties or hanging out with friends, but what I love ten thousand times better is when I stay up late reading an entire book in one sitting because it's so compelling that you just can't put it down. That is bliss.

I haven't done that in such a long time. I've been reading a lot over the last, you know, four years, but most of it has been... not stay-up-all-night enjoyable. But last night I read a whole novel. I didn't even plan to, but I just had to. Loved it.

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

I'm so with you! I've read 2 1/2 books (just because I wanted to!)in the last week or so. I have to know--what was your book of choice?

Katie E. said...

Seriously, one of those "Proof God Loves Us" type experiences. Which book? Which book?

heather said...

So I thought I never fall asleep reading, and I can keep reading forever.

Until I read philosophy books, and I found out that I could fall asleep reading. They are not always compelling.

I just want to plop down with a good novel and read and read and read . . .

Amy said...

I love that feeling. I also love glancing over at the bookshelf where all my textbooks are and sticking out my tongue, because I don't have to read them anymore!

Aubrey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

The one that kept me up all night was "Sold" by Patricia McCormick. It's definitely a problem novel- it's about a 13 year old girl from Nepal who is sold into prostitution. I could not figure out how it would end, and I HAD to know!! Plus, when you finish, you feel like you need to do something about this terrible problem, and I think that's always a sign of a good book.

Also... I would highly recommend a book I read awhile ago that also kept me up all night called "Th1rteen R3asons Why" by Jay Asher. SO GOOD! Also a problem novel. This one is about a boy who receives these tapes that a girl makes and has sent out to people explaining why she has committed suicide and how they contributed to her decision. Sounds dark, but it was really very inspiring.

If any of you brilliant girls have any recommendations for me please let me know!