Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anxiety Attack Catalysts (Part 1)

-*- Parent teacher conferences are tomorrow. I (in my heart) believe it will be okay, but I feel this gloomy foreboding everytime I think about it.

-*- I got a refill of a prescription today for a medicine that I've been taking for like a month. Today, however, there are completely different warnings on the bottle. Fantastic. Apparently you're not supposed to lie down within half an hour of taking this medicine... that I've been taking right before bed. What a weird warning. Have I been like poisoning my brain by lying down within that half hour? Probably.

-*- 4 out of 5 nights of the week I see cops busting someone on my street. Usually they're pulling over cars, but sometimes they're at neighbor's houses. Should I feel comforted or terrified?

-*- My carbon monoxide detector keeps going off randomly. Maybe the battery is dying, or, maybe there is a poisonous gas oozing through my apartment. Whatev.

-*- My career search starts in approximately 2.5 weeks and I still don't have a functional resume, let alone a portfolio. Oh, plus, thanks to the economic crisis several school districts have a freeze on hiring. Great news for new teachers and supporters of a 40:1 student to teacher ratio in the classroom.

2 comments:

Lauren K said...

To Aubrey,

I found a computer, the internet works! I freaking miss you and I have the greatest story for you ... just you wait. I'm so excited to hear yours and GOOD LUCK with conferences and I'm sorry that you've had a bumpy last couple of weeks, when I get back I will take you to Cafe Rio and buy you a vanilla coke ... oh and I have a marvelous surprise for you and I wish I could tell you what it is but you'll just have to be in suspense ... teehee! LoVE YOU!

Aubrey said...

Oh Lauren, I miss you! I've never been so happy to get a message in my whole life! I will be suspensefully waiting to see you soon- I hope you're having the time of your life!