Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Day I Ate an Entire Carton of Ice Cream

Things I will do once I (finally) get a job:

*Stop crying myself to sleep as I think of living in my parents' basement for the rest of my life (okay, okay, I am exaggerating- I only do that every other night).

*Buy contacts so I don't have to wear my attractive librarian glasses every day.

*Stop rationing my make-up.

*Limit my viewing of freaky-weird tv shows that I have a special gift for finding (including such gems as My Fake Baby and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant).

*Begin paying off my heinous debts (aka student loans).

*Stop mentally stoning uninformed and tactless people who tell me that it's easy to find a job in education. Oh really? And how would you know that?

*Get rid of at least one credit card, because, really, that is not a temptation I need.

*Do something nice for my parents who have been very nice to me even though I have been a tiny bit freak-out-ish and monstrous at times during the last two months.

*Similarly, have a big party or something in honor of my most loyal and wonderful friends who will still talk to me when I have nothing interesting to say and am far less clever and charming than usual.

*Stop joking about selling my non-essential organs on eBay. I think people are creeped out by that and don't get that I think it's very funny.

*Get a massage and a pedicure.

*Go on a vacation. I need a beach, a novel, and some sunshine.

7 comments:

Lauren K said...

I love you Aub ... I feel like eating an pan of brownies at the moment and I've maybe been secretly skimming ice cream off the top of my roommates stash. You're amazing and a job WILL come your way, it will, and until it does keep making lists like these because they're awesome :)

The Wrights said...

Aubrey..i feel like eating ice cream or chocolate everyday. :-)

We should get the girls together for pedicures. Actually...let's all just head to the beach for some sunshine.

Katie E. said...

This is hilarious and so are you:
*Stop joking about selling my non-essential organs on eBay. I think people are creeped out by that and don't get that I think it's very funny.
Now I'm craving ice cream for some reason . . .

Amy said...

Beach Party!!!

It may not be easy to get a job in education, but you are so amazing that the universe will align itself in your favor. Just wait. You'll see.

I love you , Aubs!

P.S. Don't worry. At least ice cream is meant to consumed as is. When I get stressed I make up a batch of cookies and then never get around to baking any because I seem to have eaten all the dough...

People keep telling me this is unhealthy, but I've never gotten sick! Yet. (I mean, aside from the massive stomach ache afterwards. I've never gotten food poisoning.)

P.P.S. My word verification here is "cessecan." After reading your post it made me think of cesarean section, and now I'm weirding myself out thinking about what a cessecan section would be like.

Amber said...

Aubrey!
You'll get a job! Just wait and see!

Brady said...

Can I come to your party?

Aubrey said...

Most definitely :)