Thursday, May 21, 2009

Something Nice

Today I substituted a 6th grade class. I was only there for half the day, and I really didn't do much because some teachers are nice and leave you with easy things like movies and art projects. Also, as has been the case for some time now, I was not particularly nice or fun or patient or funny. In fact, I was sort of happy to release some negative energy by using my death glare on some boys who were particularly annoying during the movie.

But, do you know what happened? At the end of the day, this little girl comes up to me, wraps her arms around me and says, "You did a good job today." And then runs off. And, you know what? I really needed that.

I wish that on tough days everyone had someone to give them a hug and tell them that they're doing okay.

4 comments:

The Wrights said...

Aubrey! I know you're a great teacher!

Amy said...

Awwwww! That is too adorable!

And you totally deserve it, Aubs. You always do a good job!

Andrea said...

word! I wasn't emotional on my last day of school until my favorite kids came up and told my I was the best teacher ever! little kids know what they're talking about.

Aubrey said...

Oh Andrea that's so great! I'm sure you are the best teacher! They really can melt your heart : )