Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Practically a Professional

People like me generally have two secret goals.

1. Publish a hit novel.
2. Be a professional blogger.

I got a tiny bit closer to the second of those goals this week. I was invited to attend a webinar based on Troy Hicks' book, The Digital Writing Workshop. The district content leader invited me because I'm working on a research project for the last conference I went to about blogs in the classroom. For the final product, I wrote a rationale and a basic outline of implementing blogs as a tool for helping students internalize the writing process and improve their writing. And, in a few weeks, I'll be getting a check for that.

Getting paid to write about blogging is almost like getting paid to blog, right?

Also... I got two free books, and a huge vote of confidence from my district content leaders. So, even though my heart is somewhat dismayed about school starting again, I feel like I can do it. :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I am supremely impressed! Kudos to you. That's like every blogger's dream!

elliespen said...

Yayy! Money for writing is always good and confidence-boosting. (And hey, maybe we can get a writer's group together to nurture our sure-to-be-hit novels!)

Lauren Mc said...

this is my giddy for you face over the internet 8D Congrats to you love! That is so so awesome. And you are basically famous.