Monday, March 22, 2010

Reasons Why Spring Break Needs to Come NOW

  • I don't even hear the alarm clock anymore.
  • Those American culture research papers will continue sitting on my front room floor until I get real motivated... which won't happen until I get some sleep.
  • My tolerance for a certain 10th grade girl who alternately colors in coloring books and braids friendship bracelets during class is no longer existent. I may ask her to leave. Maybe she can go hang out in the daycare where her talents would be appreciated.
  • I want to make more curtains!
  • I need to finish reading the 7th Harry Potter book...
  • The real reason I went to work today was because the English department bought me Costco chocolate cake for my birthday.

6 comments:

Mrs. Dean said...

Ok, please don't be creeped out since you don't even know me, but I worked with your husband last summer and started reading your blog, and I love it. AND I totally agree with this post. It's my first year teaching too, and if spring break doesn't come soon, I have some students that might not live till Easter.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Lovely Aubrey! From your favorite in-laws!

And I would've kicked the little braider out long ago.

Amy said...

Just be glad you even get a Spring Break.

If this weren't my last semester ever I think I'd mutiny.

Happy Birthday! (I heard Mikey asking for work off for the occasion! Hope you guys enjoy yourselves!)

Lauren K said...

Happy Birthday (late) love ... I figured since I said it early I might as well say it late too, since maybe that would balance out not saying it on the actual day (I didn't know how intense Mike's plans were for that day and I didn't want to interrupt any adventure you two may have been on). Um, I miss you. Someday when life is a little less hectic we should play okay?

LOVE YOU MRS. HARRELL (costco's chocolate cake is good incentive to do anything.)

Aubrey said...

Mrs. Dean: I'm totally flattered! Good luck holding out for the break. I think elementary school teachers have a special kind of courage... I admire them very much! :)

Coolmom: Thank you!

Amy: I know, I feel very lucky to have one. It was a great birthday, too :) That last semester is a tough one... just hold on!

Lauren: I'm glad you agree! And, you're sweet! We need to hang out again. Our house looks a lot more inhabited than last time you came... so you might have to come check it out!

Casey said...

Hahaha, man that sounds stressful!