Thursday, November 12, 2009

Notes to the World (Not a Rant)

To: The Copy Ladies,
Thank you for always being so nice to me, for learning my name the first week of school, and for never complaining when I have last minute copy jobs. Most days, you're my favorite people at the school.

To: The Janitors
Thank you for letting me into the building that one day when I left my wallet there. And for cleaning my room. And for just being nice.

To: The District Language Arts Mentors
I love you! Your meetings are always helpful and never tedious. You give me lots of materials and ideas that I can actually use. And, there are always snacks.

To: A Certain Locally Popular Gas Station
I very much appreciate that you consistently carry Vanilla Coke. I'm not sure why everyone else is so wishy washy about it, but I know I can count on you!

To: Camille (my library friend)
I wish you were around so I could tell you about how awesome life has been lately. But, I'm also pretty glad you're busy being the coolest sister missionary ever.

To: The English Deptartment at MRJHS
Thank you for lending me some books for the 9th graders. I would be seriously sunk without your (completely unexpected) generosity.

To: My Book Club
Have I ever mentioned that I really, really like all of you? And I think you're brilliant? I'm glad we make time to get together. It keeps me going when I get bogged down.

To: A Particular 10th Grader
Thank you for saying, and I quote, "What? That's it? Semi-colons are easy!" That made me feel like I did a good job :)

To: Last Year's 7th Graders
I still miss you. I keep the certificate you made me in my office at the high school and people always comment on it. Sometimes I tell people random facts about Al Capone (because I can) and I hope you do too. I'm trying hard to stay "legit."

To: Lauren
Let's write another silly story. And make Mike read it ;)

To: Mike
I'll tell you your note in person... the internet would be grossed out by the gushy things I have to say to you.

8 comments:

Tansy said...

Aubrey, you are pretty much one of the coolest people ever. I love your blog.

KTE said...

To My Aubrey:

I'm so glad you agreed to join the book club and meet all my brillant friends. I'm also glad that you and I decided to become and stay friends when we so easily could hvae drifted apart. This post will prevent me from being quite so bogged down as I face some major commitments and obligations this weekend. Call me sometime soon and we'll catch up.

Love,

Katie

elliespen said...

Oh! We love you, too!

Mikey said...

So when do I get my note?

You had your chance yesterday and you never told me!

Unknown said...

Wha are you reading in your book club? I'm always on the prowl for new book ideas.

Unknown said...

Gosh! "What" are you reading...

Lauren K said...

Ok!

Aubrey said...

Tansy: Thanks! That's sweet of you to say!

Katie: Me too! We need to talk soon; I've seen the pictures from the big weekend but I still need to hear the stories!

Coolboy: You can have two notes!

Coolmom: Right now we're reading Persuasion. We've been doing all the Jane Austen novels and this is technically the last one although we're going to read Austenland by Shannon Hale for the very last Austen book :)