Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"I intentionally wrote it out to be an illegible mess"

So, I have this perverse pleasure in being vague. You can't really get away with that a lot, but, the blog happens to be free game. The rules of this post, then, are that I get to be as vague as I want and refuse to illucidate anything that doesn't make sense.

Originally I meant to write a post about inertia and how it's easy to get going in a certain direction in life and then be resistant to change. It was quite clever, I promise. But, before I could write it everything changed and the inertia I thought I was dealing with got blown to pieces by several unforeseen forces. Which was great, because I never particularly liked physics much anyway.

Here's (part of) what came up:

*Renewed hope in the teaching plan. Still no real leads, but there is hope. And hope is nice.

*A job at a publishing company as an editor. How cool does that make me sound? Best part- absolutely flexible around the teaching plan and, as a bonus, I get to work with some ridiculously awesome and very intelligent people. And I get to read literary criticism all day which might be helpful for the back-up plan.

*Someone who is perfect company for adventures (big and small).

*I finally get to go on a vacation!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Illucidate.
That's an excellent word Aubs.

hwalk said...

I like this post. It has lots of big words. I forget what wonderful big words feel like.

Casey said...

Sewing circles are not soley based in trades of cloth:
There are spinsters all around here taking notes, reporting on us....

Ha, fun little read and I'm excited for you.

Katie E. said...

Teehee!

elliespen said...

This post makes me feel like a bowl of Cheat Commandos O's Sugar Cereal -- part of this ridiculous breakfast!

(Also, my word verification is "nonshilo." Is that a barn with a lisp?)

Jenny said...

Aubrey! I just found your blog and I love it:) What are you up to these days?

Cathryn said...

It all sounds very exciting...and cryptic. :)

Hey, can I ask you a favor? Can I pick your brain? http://mrsmathesonyearone.blogspot.com/2009/08/out-of-best-books.html (Sorry, it's kind of long, but I really would love your advice.)

Aubrey said...

Amber and hwalk: Yay for good words and fellow word-lovers!

Casey: I'm so glad you got the reference! I've been listening to that cd a lot more, and I really like it.

Katie and elliespen: I like you two and your knowing comments ;)

Jenny: Hi! I'm glad you found me! We need to catch up!

Cathryn: I'd love to help!